Wednesday, September 06, 2023

BEYOND POSSESSION - Is Beyond Possession 1986

Calgary's Beyond Possession with their debut album on Death Records/Metal Blade Records which is a bit louder and heavier than their Tell Tale Heart EP in my opinion and I regret having sold this slab many years ago. Fifteen amazing Thrash/HardcorePunk goodies have come together here with a slightly metallic touch like I liked to hear back then and rediscover today. Unfortunately they stuck to only one album, because after various line-up changes (particularly on guitar) they recorded demos for a second album in 1989 which indicated a more whimsical metal direction, but broke up without completing it. But 1996 a CD with all their recordings (Repossessed 1985-1989) were released on Melodiya Records. Solid stuff for breakfast I think, and maybe a little lunch later... Bon Appétit!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I used to love this kind of raw Crossover back in the day ... and still do today! Reminds me a bit of Biērmächt (the singing) and Cryptic Slaughter (the music)! Thank you for sharing another great album!
    (and don't forget about Mädels ... lol)

    ReplyDelete