Wednesday, September 06, 2023

NORMAHL - Harte Nächte 1985

Lunch was liquid and new rips are done, and since I still have a bit of desire to post, we are getting closer to the wishes that I still have to fulfill, but for now one of the last good records by one of the important German label Mülleimer Records and in my early days as outsider I couldn't ignore this band: Normahl from Winnenden were something like the house band of the label. They released their debut EP plus five albums there, and in my opinion, these releases were their best! Hard Nights is a great album title, reminds me of my youth and I had a lot of them. The cover underscores this even more: Reeperbahn, Große Freiheit, Hamburg, I enjoyed all that during my civil service in the early nineties... uuhhhh... But don't think that their fourth album indulges in the temptations of Hamburg, no no, eighteen fast and punchy songs with a lot of political as well as personal content and kept at my favorite length of two and a half minutes. Many Compilation invitations, including internationally, prove that they are popular in this country, and Normahl are still active and play gigs when time allows. Now the beer is drunk and I'm leaving.


1 comment:

  1. Easily one of the best German Punk albums of all time!!! I had a few beers with Lars back in the day! He used to hang out in "punk-friendly" bars in Stuttgart and was always nice to us young punks!

    ReplyDelete