Monday, November 28, 2022

DÄMMERATTACKE - Das Märchen EP 1981

Damn, I'm late with this slab, it was requested seven years ago and I said yes. Sorry for the extreme delay, but I'll take care of it today. Not many records exist from this combo which were formed by school friends 1979 in the Wiener Neustadt called Dämmerattacke and the line-up were Walter (vocals/guitar), Thomas (bass), Wolfgang (drums), Erich (keys), Michael (sax/vocals) and 1980 they performed together with X-Beliebig @ the Vienna Amerlingbeisl and gained attraction of Austrian Punk pioneer Panza who released this fucking 7Inch on his Panza-Platte label (200 copies) and we enjoy four shallow New Wave goodies and if you want to get the original EP you have to dig deep into your pockets, which of course is completely exaggerated in my opinion, there is no re-release either (their only album Tausend Seen was reissued in 2012 in an limited edition, if that interests you). The album received unfortunately not much attention (I think the Punk community wasn't open to this kind of music) and after this commercial failure the band was dropped by distributor Ariola and folded by its members. Thomas and Wolfgang later formed the Bates Men.

I have to admit, I can't listen to their songs all the time, I have to be in the right mood and it may sound clichéd, but this is exactly the right music for gray November days like today. But it's all a matter of taste, as always. Dämmerattacke is a clinical term for states of short-term altered consciousness and now decide whether you wanted to do this to yourself or not... I say: you can do it!

- Great Thx to Reinhard -


No comments:

Post a Comment