Sunday, April 24, 2022

NECRACEDIA - Fight For Change EP 1990

From time to time melodies go through my head and I check whether the slabs are digitized and yesterday I listened to my vacation Compilation Bring Back The Sun from 2009 after a long time and got stuck with the following combo: Necracedia. But it was already late and so I looked today, and lo and behold: I had something to catch up on, and here it is: the second EP by the four on Bad Card Records with four brilliant mid-tempo smasher. A bit info: founded in Pittsburgh and the band were active from 1986 to 1992 and consisted of Scott (vocals), Wes (guitars), Sean (bass), Rich (drums) and in 1988 their first demo came out and after they brought some to the people, the first 7Inch followed two years later (Tired on N.F.O. Records) and this superb one. Wreck-Age liked their sound, sensible people I would say, and released their fantastic album Now I See Clearly in 1991 which I have renovated with new scans and rip and is an absolute >Must<. I love particularly their brilliant lyrics in which I always find myself again, outstanding... Two more singles followed but with no new songs, all on the album. A few compi visits were made and finally, Necracedia played their last gig on February 28, 1992 at a Fire Hall in Butler, PA. Some band members then went on as The Bad GenesThat's it, nothing more today, I'm tired (my favorite tune on this EP) and hungry.


3 comments:

  1. This band is a huge favorite for me. I grew up in Pittsburgh but just missed their era. They played a one-off reunion show with Aus-Rotten in 1997 at Club Laga in Pittsburgh that was amazing.
    In the early 2000s I was in a band called Suburban Death Machine after a song off the LP. Steller band and awesome guys. Bad Genes was great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looks familiar, but I can't quite place it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great band, great music

    ReplyDelete