Thursday, February 04, 2021

THE ZIPPERS - A Six Song Mini Album 1981

Los Angeles based four piece pop band The Zippers consisted of Bob (vocals & lead guitar), Lewis (guitars), Danielle (bass) and Malcolm (drums), and were active from the late seventies to early eighties. In this short lifespan they released a 7Inch and this little six song mini-album on Rhino Records. Well, to be honest, I can't do much with this record, no groovy powerpop, no punk roots and no real highlights in their music. A babbling, monotonous, unspectacular interaction is all I can feel. Sorry, not my cup of tea. But I don't want to withhold another opinion from you and I'm sure some of you like the sound: "Although once strictly a tough club band, the tracks here expose a mature, musical quartet with songs and skills aplenty; the mood runs hot and cold. A neat record, but deduct points for swiping the Small Faces’ 'What’cha Gonna Do About It' for an ORIGINAL, 'I’m In Love' (Ira Robbins)."
Choose your option!

- Great Thx to Fredrik -


1 comment:

  1. yeah, i remember being kinda underwhelmed when i got this back in the 80s....i'd read how much they were involved in the mid-late 70s Los Angles scene, but nothing here really jumped out at me......maybe I will change my mind! Thanks

    ReplyDelete