Friday, February 05, 2021

RED BERET - First Impression 1984

Damn cool and an amazing First Impression by Red Beret, a four piece from Long Beach and this is their only album on Bemisbrain Records. And if I compare their music with the post before, I would throw their slab immediately in the trashcan. Twelve fantastic melodic nuggets have the four, Victor (vocals), Jimmy (guitars), Greg (bass) and Tony (drums), recorded and I'm really enthusiastic about the modest mid-tempo sound and the charismatic voice, which is soft and sometimes harmless, rather untypical for Long Beach bands, and that's exactly the special trademark of Red BeretI know, I got some of my friends excited with the band via their second compilation appearance on When Men Were Men... And Sheep Were Scared from 1985 and I can tell, these guys have an appealing taste. Should you be able to get hold of a record, you have to dig deep into your pocket, from € 50,- upwards it starts, a hell of a lot and certainly worth buying. Anyway, I'll stick with it, a fucking hot record!!!

- Big Thx to Reinhard -


1 comment: