Sunday, October 11, 2020

HYPE - Life Is Hard Then You Die! 1985

Now a band which I didn't know before and one thing in advance: I'm always happy to hear new bands/music and am enthusiastic when I like it and at the same time I'm amazed how many great bands the punk/hardcore movement has produced. I'm really grateful that I came into contact with this culture/music, I can't do without it anymore. Sounds a bit pathetic but that's the truth. Well, a bit info: From 1983 until 1989 Hype became the most established hardcore punk band from Oakville and one of Canada's leading hardcore punk acts. Hype had three primary members, that founded the band and were on both albums, on their debut were responsible Brian (vocals), Martin (guitars), Gerry (bass), Chris (drums) and they became the first Toronto hardcore band to release a full length album "Life Is Hard...Then You Die!" in 1985 with seventeen energetic cracker, splendidly played and with very appealing lyrics and first to tour that same year. In 1987 they released their second record "Burned" and completed another tour followed by a third in 1988. Hype was also a major force in the Toronto hardcore scene through.

- Great Thx to Fredrik -


2 comments: