Thursday, May 16, 2019

CRO-MAGS - Age Of Quarrel 1985

Also a fantastic live experience, 1988 I think, were the Cro-Mags from New York, founded 1980 and the band's early years were spent living in burnt out buildings, squats and on the streets. Age Of Quarrel was first released as tape and meanwhile there are so many re-releases on vinyl that I lose the overview myself. In principle, no matter because the music is the same everywhere and the thirteen ass kickers move every tired heart. One of the first hardcore records I bought and now gone. At that time, I have lent many slabs and never seen again, at this point a heartfelt FUCK YOU!, and nowadays, it annoys me a lot. The band, which has a strong cult following, has released six studio albums, their first two considered the most influential. With a Hare Krishna background, they were among the first bands to fuse hardcore punk with thrash metal and were associated with the birth of a tougher attitude within the hardcore scene in the late 1980s, related to the world of martial arts. They still alive and this year a new album is planned, so be curious.


No comments:

Post a Comment