Thursday, August 29, 2024

THE BADGE - Complete Of King Years 2005

Anyone who thinks that only screaming wild Hardcore comes from the Far East will be proven wrong with the following terrific music and unfortunately I can't remember who sent me this little musical delight, well, my memory is really bad. But anyway, my vacation starts today, the second beer is intus and I'm talking nonsense, hahahaha. About the band: The Badge (these are the boys on the front cover of Powerpearls Vol.6 if you're interested) are a Japanese Beat/Mod band and were founded, I think, in Tokyo at the late Seventies and the band consisted of Shoji (vocals/guitars), Nobuaki (vocals/bass) and Tetstu (vocals/drums) and they released their first 7Inch Futari No Photograph via Continental in July 1982. They landed a deal with King Records and released five 7Inches between 1984-1985, and all are collected on this Compilation which came only out in Japan by MMR. Excellent melodic PowerPop, sung in English, is brought by the Badge into your home and I think they are very popular in their country and this for a long, long time, a new song was recorded in 2022 and released on a Split 7'' this year, if they are still active I don't know. Time for beer #3 and let's see if anything else comes today.


No comments:

Post a Comment