Tuesday, February 14, 2023

V/A - Powerpearls Vol.6 2000

Uhhaaa... next round of the grandiose Powerpearls series, today with Volume #6 and you know what that means. Seventeen fresh PowerPop nuggets from all over the world have made it onto this Compilation and the selection is once again considerable and equipped with plenty of rare 7inches (one song per record). It's been a long time since I discovered this style of music with enthusiasm and since then I have had a number of Schnittchen as guests in my house and basically no more words are needed to review this rare record I think, do you agree? Let's do it like this, it's best to use the opportunity to leave your review/opinion in the comment section, that's what it's for and I'd be really interested in what you think about the material, and please, don't be shy. 😌 I say: this package is damn cool and a must have for any true wdthtc follower, Enjoy!

1.Ghosts Of Princes In Towers - RICH KIDS
2.Hjälp Mej - PINBALLS
3.Ten Years - STARJETS
4.Sha La La JEDRZY DMOCHOWSKI
5.No Place Like Home - THE NEIGHBORHOODS
6.Here Today, Gone Tomorrow - THE STRAND
7.Dancing - THE BADGE
8.Let Go/Accept Me - DIRTY LOOKS
9.N'Importe Quoi - FLOO FLASH
10.Time Out - THE DOUBT
11.Hey You/Time Enough - STAIRS
12.Ordinary Joe - WHITE HEAT
13.She Said Go - PRIVATE DICKS
14.Puto Da Rua - OPINIÃO PÚBLICA
15.Favourite Girl - KNIFE EDGE
16.Natascha - ROXETTE
17.It's Cold Outside - STIV BATORS


2 comments:

  1. Getting all the powerpearls comps has been a life long endeavor of mine. Along with getting all the Killed By Deaths & Bloodstains across... comps. These comps have exposed me to so many amazing bands and extended my wantlist to uncomfortable (and uncomfortably expensive) lengths. My biggest stand outs on this one are The Badge, The Doubt and Private Dicks. I have done my best to get everything from The Badge, they have an LP I've never heard and only ever seen once. As you can guess, I didn't get it :(. Thank you for keeping this blog going, you've shown me alot of great bands from Spain! I'd love to hear who your favorites are from this edition of Powerpearls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, isn't simply a comp. to stand out, but vol.6 is a hot record... more coming soon..... thx for your words.

      Delete