Wednesday, May 01, 2024

V/A - United Skins 1982

Today a nice Compilation that was released on the Boots & Braces record label in the early Eighties and the album title has a fundamental meaning. At that time there were significant fights or conflicts in the skinhead scene that were rather stupid and unnecessary. Of course also because of the right-wing scums who called themselves skinheads and had no idea where the culture came from (unfortunately it remains unchanged to this day). I think I don't have to use my mental cells any further, you know the stories, but you don't know where I got the record from. I bought them at a flea market in Berlin many many years ago and I was quite surprised to see them offered for so little bucks, apparently the record god meant well for me. Today you'll have a hard time getting the original because it's banned through the usual channels, which I think is absolutely ridiculous. All seven bands were by no means right-wing at the time and their songs are good and belong to Oi like alcohol to beer. Of course, everyone knows today that Skrewdriver took a broken path and that's the only reason why the slab has become a rarity. Crazy, right! But that is humanity: stupid and extremely stupid. Well, I'm open now an alcoholic drink, enjoy the day off and see what else can happen here today. Enjoy the music!

1.Bloody Bouncers - CONTROL ZONE
2.Anti-Social - SKREWDRIVER
3.Life In A Plastic Bag - T-D-A
4.Swearing Session - ACCUSED
5.Take Him Away - SEDATED
6.Wicked Women - WARRIOR
7.Boots & Braces - SKREWDRIVER
8.Lament Of The Terraces - MICK FURBANK
9.T-D-A - T-D-A
10.I Hate You - ACCUSED
11.Rebel - SEDATED
12.Johnny Johnny - CONTROL ZONE


No comments:

Post a Comment