Friday, December 08, 2023

STIFF LITTLE FINGERS - At The Edge EP 1980

Today a classic 7Inch by Stiff Little Fingers and I think it's their fifth 7Inch which came via Chrysalis with three brilliant tracks, At The Edge was the appetizer from their second brilliant album Nobody's Heroes, the B-side is equipped with two live pieces. What should I say? This is excellent music and anyone who has ever seen the Fingers live, myself included, knows how energetic and playful they perform their gigs, a pleasure in every way. I recommend getting their albums because the power and quality of their songs are some of the best Irish Punkrock Invasion.


5 comments:

  1. Hallo WDM,
    thank you for this great single. You're right, this is excellent music, in the early 1980s also as in 2023. It's unbelievable but true...
    ...that single is more than fourty years old today.
    Worth remembering.
    I'm glad seeing this band for the first time in 1987 in Frankfurt/Main in the Batschkapp - and it was great!!
    Nuff said.
    Thank you! Great Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for frankfurth, oyu must be happy, 5-1 great result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, but lost in the DFB Cup three days before, that's soccer.

      Delete
  3. Saw them in Newcastle City Hall 1980 - I was the only long haired hippy in a sea of red and black, probably best punk concert I’ve been at… I used to know ever word of the Suspect Device album…

    ReplyDelete