Friday, October 27, 2023

V/A - This Is Mod Vol.4 (Modities) 1996

I still have one for the weekend and the sound matches the setting evening sun that I am now enjoying from the balcony. Ladies & Gentlemen!, let's welcome Volume 4 of the This Is Mod series by the brilliant Anagram Records and the last I have. This Compilation feautures the rare 7Inches by these eight Modities which were published in the late Seventies/early Eighties and for some the only record. Like its predecessors, this little nugget is an absolute highlight of good songs by bands that hardly anyone knows anymore and purchasing one of these delicacies is not really cheap. You see, a real collector's item... like the original platten.

1.Blood Spattered With Guitars - THE ACCIDENTS
2.Curtains For You - THE ACCIDENTS
3.Three Bands Tonite - THE DIRECTIONS
4.On The Train - THE DIRECTIONS
5.Go Steady - THE LAMBRETTAS
6.Cortinas - THE LAMBRETTAS
7.Listen Listen Listen - THE LAMBRETTAS
8.I Saw Her With Another Guy - THE NIGHTRIDERS
9.London Town - THE NIGHTRIDERS
10.Flat 19 - MERTON PARKAS
11.Band Of Gold - MERTON PARKAS
12.You And I - THE ONLOOKERS
13.Understand - THE ONLOOKERS
14.Julia - THE ONLOOKERS
15.I Believe You - THE REPUTATIONS
16.Breaking Communication - THE REPUTATIONS
17.All Day & All Of The Night - THE REPUTATIONS
18.They Think I Don't See Them - THE REPUTATIONS
19.Protect Your Love - THE UNTOUCHABLES
20.Sister Salvation - THE UNTOUCHABLES


2 comments:

  1. Hell yea these are great thanks! Great series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I loves the punx, I loves the mods ... what's a gal to do

    ReplyDelete