Wednesday, June 21, 2023

OENIX - Ils Veulent Coucher Avec Sheila 7'' 1980

I'm not very active on the blog right now so I'm a bit slack, I think I need a break and my head is empty as well. I don't like writing too much about the following record either, somehow I came across to this four piece from Rouen and this is their first 7Inch on Ponce Pilate and it's a nice two song goodie with female vocals. A second single followed but this one isn't remotely charming but what I recommend to you is a Compilation called Débarquement 77 which was released via Mémoire Neuve in 2020 and this nugget features fourteen unreleased tracks by eight interesting French bands from the years 1977-1980, including two by Oenix.


3 comments:

  1. You have to mention Sheila is a well known variété (local Schlager) French singer who used to embrace every fashionable musical trend since the sixties. That included cashing in as a schoolgirl complete with bunches in the sixties to middle of the road in the early seventies and then disco as Sheila B Devotion in the late seventies. Besides, she was supposed at one point to be a man in drags. That is what this Oenix song is about. Her management was not happy. There was a lawsuit and consequently two versions of the single appeared. You present the uncensored version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila = variety... it's not our music...

    ReplyDelete