Tuesday, April 11, 2023

SCOUNDRELS - Join Hands 1988

A largely unknown band are the Scoundrels, a Dutch/Belgian combo, who started playing 1979 and were around until 1990 and made three albums and countless Compilation appearances. Join Hands is their second output which came via Swaddle Records and line-up were Patrick (vocals/guitars), Frank (bass/vocals), Butsenzeller (drums). I can't say exactly why that is, my first contact came through the Not Great For Great Men Compi whose song I like a lot, but I took it as a side note and at that time I wasn't focused on buying records, because I was constantly broke. Well, somehow I came across this record and discovered twelve solid varied mid-tempo Eighties songs with excellent lyrics (very personal) at its best. I strongly recommend you to listen to their first demo Ufreettoemoef from 1985, where you can also find more infos about the band. And also important: "Following a thirty-one year (!) hiatus, the Scoundrels return to the front with a huge bang… and with their brand new third LP, Oh No! Not Again!!" A Must Listen!


No comments:

Post a Comment