Friday, January 23, 2015

V/A - Not Great For Great Men 1988

Sometimes it's cool when I buy a record and I can't get any info or reviews at all. So this experience I made with this magnificent slab. A fantastic compilation of largely unknown bands and every single song is a killer!! The known-bands here I know are the Bates from Eschwege, who later released a few records and with their many cover versions they were very successful and Funeral Oration from Holland. The rest of it are absolutely unknown to me and there's no information on the back cover or an insert and the label Weckewerk has probably not live a long time. I call that real underground in a brilliant D.I.Y. style. And I can warmly recommend you this stuff very well and I remember this was my first vinyl rip. Essential!!!

1.Wet Look - THE BATES
2.Paisley Park - ECHOLETTES
3.Lies For Survival - FUNERAL ORATION
4.Polaroid Injection - THE HAUNTED HENSCHEL
5.E.O. Jugend - THE ACORNS
6.DownTownStreet - DIE GLORREICHEN 7
7.No Excuse - A.B.O.R.
8.I Wanna Play In Sun City - SYMPHONIC HUGHES
9.I Believe In My Time - BROM
10.Wild Freud - SIGMUND FREUD EXPERIENCE
11.O.S.L. - SCOUNDRELS
12.Arbeiter 2100 - DUKES ON L.S.D.
13.Watch Out - THE THRILLING TORTURES
14.Springtime - KING FROG
15.Frustazzione - NO RETICI
19.The Rain - MORE SONGS ABOUT SEX

6 comments:

  1. cool comp.....happy I found you again after WDR disappeared

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing record, this is what i really call a big surprise. Each Song is quite good and the cover and album title is pure Punk! What more can you expect?
    Cool post!

    Greetinx Rob from L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, sadly the link is dead. Any chance for a re-upload? Pretty please?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course mate, link's fixed and enjoy the music

      Delete
    2. Happy happy Joy Joy!!!
      Thanks so much!!!

      Delete