Saturday, April 22, 2023

LAST STAND - Approved Cuts 1986

🌞 The warmest day so far this year and I'm in a very good mood and therefore a second post before I dedicate myself to the Bundesliga afterwards and exactly a month ago, Boston's Last Stand made their first notice at wdthtc with their spilt 7Inch from 1984 and today I post their debut on One Way Productions and this four piece existed since 1982 and I can't understand why a few Fuckers sort them to the Oi! genre?? In my opinion, their sound has nothing to do with the typical Oi! stuff so what the hell? On the contrary, I wholeheartedly agree with FPFTP's words: "They combine the best aspects of Boston's PowerPop bands like the Real Kids or DMZ with the fire of England's most biting political Punks, such as the Clash or Stiff Little Fingers. Perfect snarling vocals are worked into rousing music that's deceptively simple - It works its way into your head, rolls around and gets stuck. Like many of the best Rock And Roll bands, Last Stand have a slight blues influence haunting the guitars, setting the chords on fire. Charging Punk that swaggers with Rock & Roll bliss!" - That's exactly it. They have also been guests on Compilations, but they're all largely unknown to me, do you have any? gladly sending me. 🌞


No comments:

Post a Comment