Saturday, April 22, 2023

DADDY★MEMPHIS & THE OIBERTS - Tu Nicht's Gut EP 1997

From Brühl came DaddyMemphis and he is around since the end of the Eighties and released one album Total Derb on his own label Ziegenkopf RecordsThe album is full of songs with sometimes not too serious lyrics about bourgeois small-mindedness and certainly drifting in the direction of Fun-Punk (I hate this category) but musically played decently and keep their sarcastic touch brilliantly. Unfortunately little noticed in the scene and after three more 7Inches he took a short break and came back and founded the Oiberts in ca. 1995 and the line-up consisted of Daddy (vocals/guitars), Reiner (guitars), Chris (bass), Tod (drums) and they made three albums, two 7Inches and since 2003 is silence. Daddy probably passed away in 2022, at least that's what I came across when I searched the net, but I'm not sure. Tu Nicht's Gut is a very good EP which came in different kinds of colored vinyl and has four catchy songs, including a great cover of Devo's 'Mongoloid', one of the best songs ever written in my opinion, plus three more interesting Gassenhauer, and even if the band name seems a bit strange and suggests bumpy music, I can only say positive things about the four and I like their sound, because a Punker life is exhausting enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment