Friday, March 24, 2023

V/A - This Is Mod Vol.2 (More Rarities 1979-1981)

I'll end the spring week with another compilation that's bursting with interesting music and a perfect start to recharge your batteries. A few weeks ago I started Volume 1 of this nice little series by Anagram Records which is brilliantly stocked with rarities, and the second ties in seamlessly with it. Seven more mod revivalists with their 7Inches are gathered here and intensifies this short-lived subculture with impulsive sound. And with this, a sunny weekend.

1.Twisted Wheels - KILLERMETERS
2.SX 225 - KILLERMETERS
3.Plane Crash - PURPLE HEARTS
4.Scooby Doo - PURPLE HEARTS
5.Gun Of Life - PURPLE HEARTS
6.The Fashion Plague - THE EXITS
7.Cheam - THE EXITS
8.Needs Somebody To Love - THE V.I.P's
9.One More Chance - THE V.I.P's
10.Stuttgart Special - THE V.I.P's
11.Who Knows? - THE V.I.P's
12.Janine - THE V.I.P's
13.Modern Boys - THE CROOKS
14.The Beat Goes On - THE CROOKS
15.Wild About You - THE CROOKS
16.Movements - THE CROOKS
17.All The Time In The World - THE CROOKS
18.Banging My Head - THE CROOKS
19.The Odd Man Out - TEENAGE FILMSTARS
20.I Apologise - TEENAGE FILMSTARS
21.Just A Little Mod - TERRY TONIK
22.Smashed & Blocked - TERRY TONIK


No comments:

Post a Comment