Friday, November 11, 2022

FLIEHENDE STÜRME - Priesthill 1991

I was completely enthusiastic about the debut album An Den Ufern, so I eagerly awaited the successor from the Stuttgarter Fliehende Stürme (check Keine Experimente II compilation). Priesthill followed three years later, also released on the band's own label Storm Records. Shrunk down to a duo, Michael (drums) left the band, the brothers Andreas & Thomas Löhr used for the firtst time a drum machine and synthesizers as new instruments and it works surprisingly very well, with this they created their own typical sound, which become the character of the Stürme. Nine songs were recorded for this goodie, which are strongly reminiscent of the previous band Chaos ZMusically, the two move from the Hardcore/Punk of the early Eighties with a pinch of Darkwave; aggressive & angry, constructed in bitter desperation, to that strong words about broken relationships, human abysses and the vague feeling of being a stranger in society (I see myself everywhere), prosaic lyrics, completely detached from schematic constraints, just following your own feelings. But enough blah blah blah, I'm a friend of their music and numerous live experiences confirm my sympathy. Enjoy the record, enjoy the Weekend my friends! - 💗 Heike, I wish you a Happy Birthday!! 💗 


4 comments:

  1. Brilliante band und vielleicht die "härteste" Stürme Scheibe wie ich finde, jeder Song ein Stich ins Herz und jederzeit angenehm. TOP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete