Sunday, October 30, 2022

REVOLVER - Northern Songs 1979

For the next post I have to thank Bristolboy first, without him I would never have came to this cool band and their only album. His current post is the single from Revolver and this Liverpool four piece has recorded Lennon & McCartney compositions the Beatles never issued and for me as an absolute Beatles fan a damn MUST! Released via Rox Records are here seventeen extraordinary nuggets present, if they had been released by the four themselves, they would certainly have been for sure number one hits. Amazing what brilliant songwriting the two mastered and Revolver brilliantly and respectfully set a monument to them with their versions that sound almost like the originals. I didn't have to think long and got the original record and ripped it myself, because I want my own work. And as a little bonus, you'll find the Fabulous Four's debut work enclosed. This album is a real must and highlight of a musical hightime and unforgettable what the four triggered with their beat music in the early sixties and are still able to inspire. Awesome Stuff!


4 comments:

  1. I've had this album for years, and agree that this is exactly how the Beatles would have recorded these songs, with the Beatniks versions being a bit too polished. I posted this on my site a couple of years ago, and always though that the cover let it down, so I updated it for my post. Feel free to use it if you want. https://albumsiwishexisted2.blogspot.com/search/label/Revolver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx for the info, I will check it out.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful music

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one fuckin slaps thanks so much

    ReplyDelete