Wednesday, January 05, 2022

RADIOHEAD - Pop Is Dead 12'' 1993

We stay in the same year but come to a versatile and one of my faves whose first albums presented solid rock and created new interesting sounds with Kid A, which I also tolerate and listen to, but I prefer to stick to the earlier works, because I'm more at home here, doch der Reihe nach. Several months after their fantastic debut smasher Pablo HoneyRadiohead [formed 1985 in Abingdon, Oxfordshire and consists of Thom (vocals/guitar/piano), brothers Jonny (lead guitar/ keyboards) & Colin (bass), Ed (guitar) and Philip (drums). Radiohead's experimental approach is credited with advancing the sound of alternative rock], released this decent driven chromatic riff guitar non-album track in form of a 12Inch via Parlophone. A solid, complex production of four goodies, three of them live, already illustrate the potential of the five. Sure, some say that it doesn't belong to the best of them and presumably they're right, if you look at the further development & other albums, but I like the songs and like to play the Oxford-Sound. Rare & Good One!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, around this time I saw them play in an old gym across the street from my university room - great show

    ReplyDelete