Sunday, December 26, 2021

RANOLA - s/t LP 1984

Very rare record by a band whose slab I bought on a record fair many, many years ago and I looked for it a long fucking time and I still remember that my money wasn't enough and I was sweating to manage more D-Marks because it has been sold in the meantime but the seller has reserved it for me, hard to believe but true... and I went away with a treasure in my hands. Yeah, a wonderful day was that (I think, every music nerd can understand that very well). - Ranola were formed by two thirds from the remains of the Body Snatchers and consisted of Jürgen (vocals), Michael & Micka (guitars), Martin (bass), Andreas (drums), they knew each other from school in Mönchengladbach, they hung around in nearby Düsseldorf in the Ratinger Hof and recorded the first and only album in November 1983, which was released 1984 on After Aids Records in an edition of 1000 copies, when the band had already split up. Musically, there are fourteen delicacies that skillfully pack timeless themes into astonishing worlds of letters and were excellently set to music by the five. Highlight is certainly the terrific 'Blumen', which pulls out all the stops and the ability and creativity of the band flashes in an impressive way. I can't praise this album enough, a milestone of German punkrock. Re-issued 2017 on Mad Butcher Records with liner notes and partly in limited blue & green vinylfor everyone who stayed at home. In their short life span they made it on one compilation, the also very rare Väterchen Frost slab from 1986 on Mekka. A Must Listen!


3 comments:

  1. Die Böse Hand covered song "Blumen" on the compilation "Strike Out".

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you still happen yo have vaterchen frost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. click the ornage letters and you will find it.

      Delete