Thursday, December 16, 2021

PLACEBO - B-Sides, Live & Rare 2011

I can say that I'm a friend of Placebo's music and their last album was released six years ago. Founded 1994 in London by Brian (vocals/guitars), Stefan (bass) & Robert (drums), became their first album from 1996 not much attract attention in Germany. That changed two years later with the second one whose single release caught my interest. Came at exactly the right time and at the end of the Nineties; I was particularly sensitive and sick of living, so I was easily receptive to their emotional sound. Since then, I followed the three and bought the records and saw them live as well. Placebo makes music that combines a bit of everything: pop, rock, punk, new wave, alternative and especially their catchy ballads have done it to meThey have released a lot of non-album songs on many obscure records, so I got the idea to look for them and create a compilation with those nuggets, and the end product has been lying around on my hard drive for a few years and today, I listened to the stuff... good for you. A total of twenty-two gems are gathered here that are a privilege to own. I also recommend the live in Paris 2003 post, which could also be interesting for you and tomorrow is weekend again, hurra!


No comments:

Post a Comment