Thursday, April 25, 2019

PLACEBO - @ Olympia Hall, Paris 13.03.2003

I remember, I first came in touch with this three piece with their 7Inch Every You Every Me and I thought to myself, WOW!..who is that?.. lively fresh music, cool voice, great lyrics and it took not long, I bought their first two albums and I'm still a big fan of their music, even a concert in Offenbach on 17.03.2001 I visited. What I like is their sound developed throughout their career, adopting diverse elements from other genres and their quiet pieces meet exactly my dark side. A bit info: Placebo is alternative rock combo from London and were founded in 1994 by Scottish-Belgian singer/guitarist Brian Molko and Swedish bassist/guitarist Stefan Olsdal. Original drummer Robert Schultzberg recorded the band’s debut self-titled album in 1996, but was replaced shortly after by drummer Steve Hewitt. They are known for their androgynous image and angst-fueled musical content. To date, they have released seven studio albums. This very good bootleg was released by Sandie Records and reflects twenty views through their first four. Molko has been quoted as calling the band "for outsiders, by outsiders." Any questions? No, then enjoy the concert!

Bulletproof Cupid/Allergic (To Thougts Of Mother Earth)/Sleeping With Ghosts/Protect Me From What I Want/Plasticine/The Bitter End/Every You Every Me/Black-Eyed/I'll Be Yours/Special Needs/Second Sight/Lady Of The Flowers/Without You I'm Nothing/Days Before You Came/This Picture/Special K/Slave To The Wage/Pure Morning/Teenage Angst/Where Is My Mind?


2 comments: