Sunday, August 22, 2021

V/A - See You In Valhalla 1997

Older compilation with international renowned bands that came out on Mad Butcher Records in the mid-nineties. Fifteen bands, including some good old acquaintances, who offer a refreshing streetpunk sound, partly unreleased and only on this slab. I think, here is something for every taste, young and old buddies, and with over forty-five minutes it's an attractive mix and worth listening and I can't make out any unnecessary filler. Lyrically, the mood is consistently positive and should you be moping, this is the right record to blow the gray veil off your mind. You can argue about the cover and the album title, I think it's not that successful, but fuck it, a passionate emotion is part of it and doesn't hurt anyone. Good Record & fertig!

1.Dead But Not Forgiven - STAGE BOTTLES
2.Our Own Way - SKIN DEEP
3.Down Under - THE BRADLEYS
4.They Tell Us - TIME BOMB 77
5.Com'on Palestinans - COMRADE
6.Fighting Times - NEWTOWN NEUROTICS
7.Skins & Punks Unite - REAR GUNNERS
8.Never Too Late - RED LONDON
9.L' Appel De La Cité - BANLIEU ROUGE
10.Hailbut Wars - BARNSTORMER
11.Aut Aut - AUT AUT
12.Businessman - JACK THE LAD
13.Catastrophe - SCHWEDE
14.Going Underground - VULTURE CULTURE
15.Andrò Dove Mi Porteranno I Miei Scarponi - BANDA BASSOTTI


4 comments:

  1. Hi my friend, I've a little request for you. Do you have the "Freizeit '81 - EP's Aus München" CD comps (with FKK Strandwixer, Marionetz, Scum, The Schrott, Dagowops, Condom, Tollwut & How Ruc). If yes, could you post it, please ? Thank you in advance...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think every single from the bands is in the blog, take a look and if one's missing, let me know, cheers!

      Delete
    2. No Problem, thank you for your answer. I'll see the missing EP in my collection. I just thought that the CD sound was better(perhaps remastered).

      Delete
    3. I really can't confirm, but if you need/miss something from the singles, let me know.

      Delete