Tuesday, August 24, 2021

MACKT & ON-BIRDS - Split EP 1980

On this record we have two combos from Linköping, Sweden and for both is their only vinyl appearance and this little record came via Jörvars Gosskör (punk fanzine & occasional label) in a few different color versions in an edition of 500 copies out. Mackt consisted of Batzz (vocals), Magnus (guitars), Jan (bass), Holger (drums) and they give us five excellent short '77 style biscuits, delicious stuff and I can shake hands with them, while the On-Birds (Jan, Mats, Nils-Göran & Sven) songs are real low-fi noises and if you like this kind of sound you will love them. It's a bit exhausting in the long run for my taste and I'm not a big fan of this but their soupbowl songs have charm, they're funny and they're quick over. Either you love it or not. More infos about both I can't find so search the net by yourself and maybe you find out something. So that's all for now, I'm leavin now because I need some cold beer and the temperatures are a bit benevolent now.


No comments:

Post a Comment