Sunday, May 23, 2021

THIS SPORTING LIFE - In Limbo 12'' 1983

Today one more rare filet from the wanted list, and I think it's the last of it for now, and I am grateful to my friends for searching, finding and sending. ❤ Final release by This Sporting Life, a four piece from Auckland and I promise, just as fantastic as their Show Me To The Bellrope album. A small excerpt: When In Limbo arrived in early 1984, having been lost for over a year amid the clutter of Chris Knox’s living room, it sported four new songs and received indifferent reviews. “The four songs here range from spritely & cheeky (‘Difference’) to hackneyed (‘Too Proud’), but it couldn’t be described as inspired.” This Sporting Life was happy with the recording, which was a conscious attempt to make the sound “poppier.” I like the band and their catchy music and I can only recommend you to listen carefully here, it's every note worth. In July 2018 Failsafe Records issued a compilation of the band's work.

- Great Thx to Reinhard -


1 comment: