Wednesday, April 14, 2021

THE CROOKS - Just Released 1980

Hailing from North Londen and this is the only full-length by the Crooks on Blueprint with fourteen PowerPop/Mod goodies. Originally formed in late 1977 by Dino (vocals/guitar/), Tim (guitar/vocals), Chris (bass), Micky (drums). Well, this is the kind of music that passed me by and I can't review a lot. The guys are apparently to be assigned to the Mod revival Hype from 1979/1980 and I can read a lot in the net that they didn't really make the breakthrough. Probably it was due to the label or the strong competition, I don't know, but what I hear on Just Released are consistently catchy songs with power and excellent melodies. And next to the album they released two singles which are included here as a bonus. If you are interested, you can read a short review of the album on allmusicI'm gradually becoming a friend of this sound and I don't wanna know, how many shiny 7Inches I missed.

- Great Thx to Fredrik -


1 comment: