Monday, January 18, 2021

TOXIC REASONS - Kill By Remote Control 1984

These damn re-upps are annoying but what am I not doing for the common mob? Right, I'll fix them and you will elect me to be your next president, hehe..... well, another fuckin' Monday needs meaning and I think, I have just the right thing at this advanced hour. So come with me to Ohio and meet Toxic Reasons with their second release on Sixth Int. and the first without the services of Ed Pittman on vocals. After Ed departed in 1983, they continued as four piece and have over forty recordings to date, including ten full length albums. A short review: "Kill by Remote Control, with a revised line-up, is great, a cogent punk onslaught with articulate protest lyrics and finely tuned dynamic guitar (Rob Lucjak & Bruce Stuckey) rock. Some of the numbers vamp into a tedious overdrive mode, but most of the record uses its full-tilt electricity in service of well-constructed (if not really melodic) songs." [Jim Green/Ira Robbins] - It can stay that way. The God Bless America EP and other compilation contributions, of which the gentlemen have enough, await your visit.

- Great Thx to Fredrik -


2 comments: