Monday, August 31, 2020

SLAUGHTER - Bite Back 1980

Before I have to go to the dentist and after two cups of coffee, a short visit to England. Slaughter, better known as Slaughter & The Dogs, were formed in 1975 in Wythenshawe, Manchester and this is their second album on DJM Records. Their original line-up consisted of singer Wayne Barrett, guitarist Mick Rossi, drummer Brian "Mad Muffet" Grantham and bassist Howard "Zip" Bates. I think they left their punk roots a bit on this album and switched to a more rockin' sound, which is clearly noticeable in the length of the songs, many faded out (which I don't really like). Overall, not a bad album and the eleven songs are not boring, but somehow I miss the dirty, the rough sharpness that made them stand out on Do It Dog Style, probably they wanted to get away from the wild sound and therefore made the slab a little too smooth in my opinion. Well, whatever... quite decent and audible. Find them on some compilations in the blog, and now on my bike and go!

- Great Thx to Fredrik -


2 comments:

  1. Perhaps closer to their original sound as they pre-date punk and were considered a street-glam band influenced by Bowie & Ronson

    ReplyDelete
  2. This album was released in the USA and I had it soon as it came out and loved it. At that point I hadn't heard the first album but only the tracks on Live At The Roxy and Streets LP. The first album was impossible to find in my neighborhood in 1980. Fave tracks Now I Know and It's In The Mind. I can listen to this album all day long.

    ReplyDelete