Tuesday, July 14, 2020

NORMAHL - Ein Volk Steht Hinter Uns 1982

Now a German Punk classic, second 12'' in form of a mini LP from Stuttgart on Mülleimer Records by Normahl before they made their brilliant Der Adler Ist Gelandet album. Eight good offensive songs in a gruff recording as I like it and even if they could not keep up with the AGR combos, the band has established itself in the scene and their first two or three records are among the best from the Eagleland. The first press was published with a white cover and I think with a lyric sheet. In the course of the 1980s, the band came closer to fun punk and became uninteresting for me. I mean, they already had a lot of non-serious lyrics and I wouldn't class them as highly political, but they just sounded rougher and snottier and scattered funnier texts here and there (Al Capone, Ich Entführ Ein Kind or Auschwitz), but always provocative and with ulterior motives, an ambiguity, do you know what I mean?... and this skill is gone in the newer recordings. Well, Normahl are still active, playing gigs and that's the main thing, I saw them live in Stuttgart and it was cool, definitely worth a visit.


3 comments:

  1. I think, the Mülleimer era were their best phase, thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke dir fürs hochladen!

    ReplyDelete