Wednesday, January 08, 2020

V/A - Happy Birthday Hans-Joachim! 2013

Today a further special compilation which I made for my Pa on his seventieth birthday seven years ago. Thirty-five rare Rock'n'Roller are gathered here and I can tell you, it was not easy to meet his taste because he had an extensive collection of first class stuff with recordings that were not published anywhere, that he recorded from the radio or from other sources and I also wanted to find songs like that. I think, I come very close to this with this compilation and he was thrilled and we had a good time with the CD. So enjoy the sound of the early wild days and may you dance wherever you are!

1.You're Welcome - BOB LUMAN
2.One Love - GENE WYATT
3.Afraid - SAMMY SALVO
4.Pretty Baby - GENE VINCENT
5.Western Union (Take 3) - ELVIS PRESLEY
6.Friday Nights - JERRY LEE LEWIS
7.Don't Call Me Flyface - REEKERS
8.Time To Remember - FARON YOUNG
9.Blue Grass Skirt - HANK LOCKLIN
10.Is It Wrong? - BOBBY BARE
11.A Little Piece Of My Heart - CONWAY TWITTY
12.Guitar Twist - THE VENTURES
13.I'm Falling In Love - DUB DICKERSEN
14.Beaulah Lee - JODY REYNOLDS
15.Hello Walls - JOHNNY PAYCHECK
16.Walk On By - WARNER MACK
17.Bam-Boo - JOHNNY & THE HURRICANES
18.Now's The Time To Fall In Love - CLIFF RICHARD
19.Help! (Live) - THE BEATLES
20.Love Me Baby (Like There's No Tomorrow) - MARVIN RAINWATER
21.I Can't Forget You - JOHNNY HORTON
22.Even Tho' - DON GIBSON
23.Pepe - DUANE EDDY
24.You Remembered Me - GORDON TERRY
25.Goin' Down That Road - ERSEL HICKEY
26.Why Did You Leave? - THE CRICKETS
27.I Miss You So Much - BILLY 'CRASH' CRADDOCK
28.All Time Loser - BUDDY KNOX
29.Come Back To Me (My Love) - ROY ORBISON
30.Teenage Walk - KEN DAVIDSON
31.Fool's Paradise - EDDIE COCHRAN
32.Wild Cat - GENE VINCENT
33.You Kiss Me - BOBBY FULLER
34.Handful Of Friends - LEROY VAN DYKE
35.Why Not? - EVERLY BROTHERS


2 comments: