Tuesday, December 05, 2017

MARILLION - Market Square Heroes 12'' 1982

Another band I worshiped in the 80's are Marillion from Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire who founded in 1979. They emerged from the post-punk music scene in Britain and existed as a bridge between the styles of punk rock and classic progressive rock, becoming the most commercially successful neo-progressive rock band of the 1980s. When singer Fish left the band in 1988 they became uninteresting to me because he wrote poetic brilliant lyrics, has the voice for this and proved this with his intense performance on stage, I had the opportunity to join a concert 1984 in the Eissporthalle. The first three albums are all great and their debut slab is this 12'' with three songs with the epic song Grendel (17:40) on the B-sideWell, there are many bootlegs with live and demo recordings and I'm partly really surprised, thought they aren't so popular. Well, my friends were not very fond of their music in those days. Egal, nowadays everything is different and the shit what is broadcast via the official medias invites me to bring the 'old' records out again.

5 comments:

  1. Nice one. I agree Marillion without Fish isn't the same thing. I saw them at Reading Festival 1983, also saw Pallas hope you have heard them. Otherwise you have missed something, same with Pallas after new singer not the same Group........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pallas is unknown to me, I check them via youtube.
      Thx for hint :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, how are you? The link is dead. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fine thx, you? - link's fixed - ALOHA!

      Delete
    2. Great! Thank you very much! 🤝🏻

      Delete