Friday, November 06, 2015

OVERDOSE - Tight Action 1985

This post is dedicated to my former work colleagues Joe and Rainer with whom I had a great time in the 80s in the Rotfabrik and I hope you two are doing well. Both were members of Overdose, a heavy metal band from Frankfurt and I borrowed the album and immediately captured on tape and these days I have somehow their music in my head and thought it would be nice to post this platter here. But I found the damn tape nowhere so I get a copy in the net and to my surprise, the album was re-released in 2009 with new artwork, plus their second demo 'Heavy Metal' from 1984 and a short story of the band inside. It is long ago that I heard the record but this is excellent classic melodious Heavy Metal with balls! Here's a review: "There are so many metal bands by that name, but this is the real deal. Their only release in 1985 is a pure metal Masterpiece loaded with killer heavy metal music, with clever arrangements, cool vocals and fantastic rhythm changes and razor sharp riffs. A bombastic piece of steel, so here it is for all you metal thirsty freaks!" I think this record is a matter of taste and not everyone likes it but for me it's a little nostalgic trip, filled with beautiful memories and still kickin'.

2 comments: