Thursday, April 09, 2015

V/A - First Offenders 1980

I continue my V/A posts this week with another juwel. This rare record features 14 bands of the Canterbury scene from 1980 and was released on Criminal Records. Most of the tracks here are very good powerpop, some of them bordering on good punk. The song selection is quite good, my favourites are The Ignerents, Longport Buzz and The Names, they are the punk goodies here. All songs (except the Longport Buzz which were released as a 7inch in 1980) are exclusive and so this album quickly became a sought-after collector's item, for good reason I think.    

1.Fun - LONGPORT BUZZ
2.Living Underground - THE NAMES
3.Pied Piper - RED ROLL ON
4.I Wont Be There - THE IGNERENTS
5.No Flies On I - PURPLE HIPSTERS
6.No Emotion - THE FAST BREEDERS
7.Flying Saucers Rock'N'Roll - CREWSY FIXERS
8.All Over Town - THE RED SQUARES
9.Harbour Street - THE IGNERENTS
10.Wet Blanket - RED ROLL ON
11.Who Is He? - LONGPORT BUZZ
12.I'll Be Your Jet - THE NAMES
13.Grooving With The Famous Men - THE FAMOUS MEN
14.Stuck On You - PURPLE HIPSTERS

- Special Thx to Fredrik -

2 comments: