Tuesday, February 24, 2015

THE REACTION - I Can't Resist 7'' 1978

This record is a strong powerpop one and singer Hollis (R.I.P.) originally planned to become a child psychologist but in 1975 left university to relocate to London and forming a band called the Reaction. In 1977, the Reaction recorded a demo for Island Records; among the tracks was a Hollis original titled "Talk Talk" that later surfaced on the Beggars Banquet punk compilation Streets. After just one single the Reaction disbanded, and through his brother, Hollis was first introduced to musicians Paul Webb, Lee Harris, and Simon Brenner, with whom he formed Talk Talk in 1981, soon signing to the EMI label. I must admit that I like their music and I'll introduce myself to post their debut single here soon.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks I needed that background info as I had just posted some of their LP's at the DU but only after some kid had commented he thought their "Spring.." LP a masterpiece so I got the stuff and their title always got to me back then too...all you r gonna do is Talk Talk..hA! making words so frivulous is something I agree with as a highly emotional person like yourself I'm sure, up front center in the pit driving the mashes heh heh a pun for fun! Viacoendido

    ReplyDelete
  2. you little joker, let the mesh in the fence and don't disappoint the Kid and destroy his dreams.....puff puff....Starting tomorrow to write with an eagle feather - and one more thing, I hate people stand outside my window.

    ReplyDelete