Saturday, September 26, 2026

MURDER MURDER SUICIDE - Christians 12'' 1986

Here I am again, back from vacation (photos follow), all the outstanding re-upps are finished, and now it's back to the daily grind. Since I'm home today and have already ripped a fantastic Compilation, things are moving forward here with some Aussie stuff. Murder Murder Suicide were an Australian AnarchoPunk band which was founded 1983 in Melbourne. Their style was characterized by a dark post-punk sound and aggressive, often anti-Christian lyrics. They released a five track tape in 1983 and two were also offered for the rare 'Eat Your Head' (coming soon) double 12" Compilation. The Christians 12Inch is the band's sole vinyl effort and probably last release. The songs have a strong British Anarcho-Sound with gloomy PostPunk feel. A Review: An anti-Christian rage here, sort of like the first Crass 7″ but set to a more Post-Punk mood. Nevertheless, it’s as biting and pointed. Both male and female vocals, nice harmonies on the flipside, though the dance beat on one cut and the “prettiness” on another make them difficult to handle until the guitar and drums kick in. (Tim Yohannan, MRR #52 • September 1987) I don't have any further information, but the three songs are solid and do a great job of representing the genre, one I’ve always had a bit of trouble with.


No comments:

Post a Comment