Sunday, October 01, 2023

RAMONES - @ Sporthalle/Böblingen, Germany 20.11.1989

October starts with an excellent live Bootleg from the no less excellent RamonesA while ago the record was mentioned in the comments as one of the best live recordings by the four and so I went looking for it. And I found it and can absolutely confirm these words. Top quality for a recording from the end of the eighties and the track list on the cover is not complete, there are a total of twenty-five songs that I filtered out and the rip took almost three hours (cutting, converting, adjusting the sound, etc.) but live slabs are always a challenge that I'm happy to accept. And the result is a perfect rip with the quality I want. I'm really grateful that you continue to provide me with first-class information or recommendations which lead me to discovering new stuff. Please keep it up and don't get tired of it, I thank you with this post, which I know many will enjoy, because a Ramones record, in this case, is always a good reason to get back to yourself... and Life.

Have fun with this Blast, and welcome autumn!

I Wanna Live/Bonzo Goes To Bitburg/Raining/Sheena Is A Punkrocker/Rockaway Beach/Pet Sementary/Seeking High/She Is The One/Mamma's Boy/Animal Boy/Wart Hog/Surfin' Bird/Cretin Hop/I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You/Today Your Love Tomorrow The World/Pinhead/Chinese Rock/Somebody Put Something In My Drink/Let's Dance/Do You Wanna Dance?/Havana Affair/We're A Happy Family/I Just Want To Have Something To Do/Indian Giver/California Sun


4 comments:

  1. I was at this concert in Böblingen and I was blown away!!! I expected a "bubblegum punk" concert and instead got caught in an insane mosh pit only to come up for air for 2 seconds every time Joey counted 1-2-3-4! I always hoped that they would release an "official" version of this concert, but instead they passed off "Loco Live" as the official live recording of that tour, which, as you can hear in this bootleg, is a lie! But I guess the record label was too scared to release their true "hardcore" live sound. Too bad! Thank you for sharing this with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I was there. They had Plan B as opening act, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I was there too! It was nuts! One of the best concerts ever! I wish they would've released at least one record like that!

      Delete
  3. I wasn't at the show in Boblingen, but I saw them at the same tour and I can confirm that they were ferocious! Thank you for this great share!

    ReplyDelete