Wednesday, October 04, 2023

JUDGE DREAD - Last Of The Skinheads 1976

I don't listen to much reggae, but I always enjoy it with Judge Dread, the king of rudeness, and not only because of his humorous, sexually explicit lyrics, which became his trademarks and made him known and loved for, and he was also the first white musician to score a reggae chart hit in Jamaica. This is his fourth album on Cactus with eleven goodies including some of his greatest hits"You talk about punk, but I was a Punk ten years ago. I was doing things against society long before anyone else. I've been shocking people for years. What it boils down to now, is you're always known for it. It doesn't matter wether it's clean or dirty. I've had the highest number of records banned in the history of music. Twenty singles and eight LPs. I've applied to Guiness Book of Records twice." It's a pleasure to listen to his songs and you'll get quickly a better mood.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I been on such a skinhead reggae kick thanks to this blog this is the good stuff

    ReplyDelete