Friday, August 11, 2023

COSMIC PSYCHOS - Blokes You Can Trust 1991

As I write this post I'm sitting here at the computer, drinking my third beer and listening to relaxed music that doesn't belong here, but I know this record by Australians Cosmic Psychos by heart, and you attentive followers know I dig these guys with their "arty kind of Punk noise" and for their third album, the band signed to Amphetamine Reptile Records for the American market. Unfortunately, they only gained limited recognition, but those who don't appreciate their music are just simply stupid morons in my eyes. Known for their droning, fuzzed-out bass and wah-wah guitar with repetitive lyrics, the Cosmic Psychos have a simple sound that works well in context and remained largely untouched since they formed in 1982. You will find excellent examples ☝ in the blog and I especially want to recommend the live slab to you: dynamic driving Punkrock like I love it which they continue with ten goodies on this album, no foot & ass stays still, I promise. The Cosmic Psychos are a fantastic combo, an essential part of the Melbourne scene and in general Punkrock music... believe me! And today soccer is finally starting again, life is superb (in some moments). ENJOY!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment