Tuesday, July 11, 2023

SIGN LANGUAGE - Belief And Other Propaganda.... 12'' 1986

Interesting find from this Blackpool four piece featuring Laurence (vocals), Paul (guitar), Simon (bass) & Damian (drums) and I apparently missed the original post from 2008 by C.G. on his Phoenix blog back then and so it's only natural to dig up those four track 12'' again. "This beauty was their only release and an early one on Fire Records. Sign Language formed in 1981 as a Punkband but moved more to a New Wave/Post-Punk sound over the years. The band has reformed and occasionally do some low-key gigs. There's another song 'The Killing' that appears on the 2nd 'Blackpool Rox' Compilation issued on Vinyl Drip Records.Well, that's all the info I have on the band, but musically this slab is an absolute treasure. Dynamic rhythms with great guitars, powerful and hardly polished, jagged and with tempo. So I really wonder, why didn't came out more? The potential was definitely there.


2 comments:

  1. I don't do this very often, but yesterday I downloaded this single, I liked what I heard and I bought a copy of it...lovely

    ReplyDelete