Monday, May 01, 2023

EA80 - Vorsicht Schreie 1983

It's really a fucking shame, but this record isn't on the blog and I thought it was already in the game, but you my friends took notice and so I follow another request and open May with this forty year old milestone: the debut by EA80Equipped with countless hits and some of are still played live today (except 'Heinrich'), it was also the start of a wonderful musical journey that has now lasted for four decades. I still remember when I heard EA80 for the first time many, many years ago: bandname top, cover top, music top, lyrics top and everything in proven D.I.Y. manner cobbled together, and nothing has changed to this day. I'm sure you know the feeling of arriving, be it in the garden or by the sea, and you breathe freely and carefree, that's exactly how I feel when I listen to their music, addicted, epic, neatly paced and as moody as hell. The band stays independent and doesn't give a fuck about commerce and that's one more reason, why I like them. Eighteen classics that I can sing by heart and highlights like 'Korn', 'Häuser' or 'Kühlschrank' just make you sit there with mouth open and marvel, this album has an amazingly long lasting effect, lots of energy and strong convictions. Vorsicht Schreie came in different versions among the people, my copy is the fourth edition with yellow labels which has an insert and to my knowledge 500 copies or so were pressed. Excellent!!


1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! FINALLY!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I used to have the vinyl and remember when it first came out. Can't wait to listen to it again!!! I was really into Razzia back then ... and this band took things even further!

    ReplyDelete