Monday, February 27, 2023

THE FRENCH - The Model 7'' 1981

First 7Inch on Sanguine Records by this five piece which consisted of William (vocals), Graham (guitars), Ian (bass), Pat (keys), Phil (drums) and what the gentlemen have recorded here can definitely be heard. Minimal synthpop grooves that features on the A-side the Kraftwerk classic in a cute version, while the flip has a little more steam in its blood and sounds very wavie. To that a deep voice and the whole thing is done. The following year their second and final 7inch The River Flows East came out, but this sucker doesn't turn me on that much, especially the B-side is disappointing. Anyway, I should mention their only compilation appearance on !!?!...A Taster from 1982 and I guess, the French became history in this year. I wish you a good start into the new week and stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. This is unknown to me, thanks for this intriguing ep!

    ReplyDelete