Saturday, February 25, 2023

NEUE HEIMAT - Ich Bau' Dir Ein Schloss 7'' 1982

Today I'm fulfilling a request and I know there were a few more, but I have to admit I forgot a lot. I always think I can remember them, so I don't write them down and then find that they're gone. Well, that's the way it is, so I need a reminder from those who have uttered one before. The following 7inch is the best-known song from Neue Heimat and I didn't know until now that it's a cover version, it was originally sung by Dutch Schlager singer Heintje in 1968 (watch). On the flip is with 'König Albert' a snappy non-album track in the typical rockin' band style. Definitely a solid record and I retire because I've got a little fucking cold and want to be fit for today's difficult away game in Leipzig in a few hours.


1 comment:

  1. AMAZING!!!! I can't believe you found this ultra-rare gem! This is such a cool song, I'm surprised no punk band has covered it yet. And the B-side is not available ANYWHERE!!!! THAAAAANK YOU!!! DANKE!!!

    ReplyDelete