Friday, December 09, 2022

OUTLETS - Best Friends 7'' 1982

The weekend is here and as I have already told you, I want to go to an event today and since I have to leave in two hours, quick a little musical highlight: An acclaimed live band from Boston were the Outlets, a four piece which were mainly active in the Eighties, consisting of David (vocals), his brother Rick (guitars), Mike (bass) and Walter (drums). The Outlets attained success in the greater Boston music scene but failed to gain national attention when they signed with Restless/Enigma in 1985, despite modest critical acclaim including a recommendation from Billboard. They are best known for the single "Knock Me Down", a regional hit. They released three albums and a few 7Inches and this goodie has two likeable rocking mid-tempo numbers at the start with a crisp guitar and reminds me a lot of any commercial rock band, and I don't mean that in a negative way. Guests on a few compilations and I don't know if the boys are still on the road but their music is fun, definitely listenable and a good start to freedom...... and off I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment