Tuesday, November 08, 2022

WARFARE - Metal Anarchy 1985

Evo (vocals/drums), Gunner (guitars), Falken (bass) or better known as Warfare released their second blast via Neat Records and it's one of my absolute favorite records. I listened to the ten eruptions many times and I can say, this sound pushed myself in the direction of Hardcore & Punk. Here's a splendid review: "To the casual observer, Warfare's second album, Metal Anarchy, would seem like nothing more than a carbon copy of their first. But the welcome presence of heavy metal icon Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister in the producer's chair was just the first of many subtle difference-makers on hand. Besides putting his personal imprint on the material by giving it a distinct crunch and Motörhead-like echo, Lemmy may have also had a hand in helping Warfare fully embrace their metallic tendencies while putting their Punkrock habits behind them once and for all. Its two-faced title may have hinted otherwise, but the lyric choices and consistently ferocious attack inside were dead giveaways to this new focus. 

Borrowing a page from Accept's book of tricks (their classic tune "Fast as a Shrak," to be precise), Warfare kicked off Metal Anarchy with a misleading snippet of the Sound of Music soundtrack before rudely interrupting it with their most vicious thrasher yet, the apropos-named "Electric Mayhem." Ensuing standouts like "Death Vigilance," "Living For The Last Days," "Wrecked Society," and the title track never waver in intensity, yet they remain surprisingly accessible thanks to their clear, uncomplicated arrangements. All of which helped ensure that this record would go down as Warfare's finest album, but would also make it an impossible act to follow." (Eduardo Rivadavia)

Fucking Great Record!!!


2 comments:

  1. WRECKED SOCIETY
    Shot out no fix and I am all alone
    my aging face nowhere to call my home
    the tracks of time are burning me

    i was found but now the story and the time is lost
    a revelation crumbled turned to dust
    the youth inside won't set me free

    hoping and looking that things will turn out right
    a shadow behind me- to drown the city's cold night
    no cigarette touch the burning flame will soon ignite
    sharp needle from nowhere- a light to shine out of this night

    god above look down and say you love me
    life turn round and stop don't ever leave me
    I'll change the world or try if they'll let me
    Don't talk to me and lie - hell don't forget me

    Live in fear and fear to love wrecked society

    the battle soon lost retreat in ignorance
    Soho to Piccadily - untie this terror chance
    running through the bloodflow escaping death its own dance
    a morphene equivalent- cold turkey war in trance

    crashing through this vomit- the stench it fills the air
    same people on top- do you think that is fair
    another dying no one- another soul nowhere
    a smacking addict died today- tell me do you care?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS RECORD

    ReplyDelete