Sunday, November 13, 2022

NIK KERSHAW - Wouldn't It Be Good 12'' 1984

It briefly goes poppy and I choose a song that I encountered in my non-punk existance and I still like today. Written by Nik Kershaw, born in Bristol and grew up in Ipswich where he started to sing and play guitar in several bands and during the mid Eighties he managed to score a handful of pop hits and, in doing so, establish himself as a profitable commercial songwriter. Wouldn't It Be Good is the second single from his debut album Human Racing and turned out to be among his more popular single releases. I think, a really nice melodic pop song with good lyrics that seems slightly melancholic, and I just like that kind of sound and sometimes I need it. Especially on Sundays when I don't have much to do except rest. Well friends, that's all I have to offer today, the new desktop search is going to be more difficult than I thought, but it will be... one fucking day.


2 comments:

  1. great tune! first heard it in the movie "Gotcha". nice one, matey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Also love this song and video too :D

    ReplyDelete