Saturday, October 15, 2022

GENERATORS - Summertime 7'' 1981

Now a rare piece from Cleveland based NewWave band Generators and this short-lived five piece consisted of Eva (vocals), Don (vocals/guitars) Jimmy (guitars), Stutz (bass), Mark (drums) and this is their only sucker with two cuts on Big Noise Records (probably their own label but I don't know it right)One thing is for sure, the A-side is an extremely pop song with a female voice that makes me feel a bit wistful and moves my ass less, and even comes across as really boring, New Wave, PowerPop? well, that's in the eye of the beholder. The b-side is the clear winner with its punky rhythm and dirty delivery. But there is no room for complaining here! A slab that is certainly interesting for every lover of this blog and because it is so fucking rare it belongs here and in the end I don't care, you must take what I give you, I'm King! (You can see how nice it is to be the Boss, uhhhh!). Bundesliga is waiting; today versus Leverkusen and three points should be possible at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment