Saturday, July 02, 2022

COCKNEY REJECTS - The Peel Sessions 08.08.1979 & 13.02.1980 EP's [2014]

Well, since the fucking formatting doesn't allow me to write any text next to the picture, I have to write my words as usual, although I would like it to be different. Fuck This Bitch! This is really a pain in the ass and I can't understand this bullshit system... Egal, now a double feature with two rare John Peel sessions by the Cockney Rejects which came out on Pirate Love Records in a limited edition of 300 numbered copies each. I guess, I don't have to tell you much about the boys, they were one of the first Oi! bands that formed by brothers Jeff & Micky Geggus in the EastEnd of London 1977. The band are fans of West Ham United and the violence depicted in their lyrics was often mirrored at their concerts, and they often fought to defend themselves (often from supporters of opposing football teams) or to split up conflicts between audience members. But those are just side notes, the Cockneys are a venerable combo who are still touring and very active, even forays into the metal genre show how versatile and brave the Londoners are, and to date they have released nine albums, the first two are classics which the so-called Punks will still hear in one hundred years, I think. It's been a nice day of swimming so far, I bought a pack of fifty Rolo's and now I'm watching a little Tour De France with a Benediktiner but weekends without football suck which you can certainly confirm!

- Great Thx to Fredrik -


No comments:

Post a Comment